Saturday, December 5, 2015

M33 (2015/09) @ DARC

This is the first AP image that I felt happy to share. ;-)
This is also my first time do image for a whole night !




I met a few new friends from China who also live at Bay Area. They have a "secret" site where is 2 hour away. We chat on "WeChat" for a while and I decide to give that site a try.
PS: https://blackdragon72.wordpress.com/ this is one of the guy's blog. Very cool.



2hr drive is not much and the site is pretty dark.
It is very close the the D.A.R.C observatory (http://www.deepskycolors.com/locations_DARC.html) and kind of a semi-public place.

At 2015/Sept/19, I arrived at about 7pm and quickly setup the gears and meet the new friends in person. Although I got the CCD at time but that's too new to me, I decide to use DSRL on this one.
Total 40 subs and 480sec each.

OTA is Takahashi FSQ-85 (without reducer).
Mount is Astro-Physics Mach1
Camera is Canon T3i mod


I really like the site !!
It is dark, clean, and convenient.

We have 4 scopes that night.








2 comments:

  1. Kai! It's Ryan from MB. WHERE IS THIS?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) Search DARC at Google Map... a secret place we go...

    ReplyDelete