Saturday, December 5, 2015

Visual Observation

I enjoy visual observation...

I often did visual in my home (Fremont, CA) with my 10" Dob.
The light pollution is usually bad so I mainly focus on Carbon Stars or Double Stars.

I got my 10" Dob used from a local guy and it turns out a pretty good (and famous) one.
http://www.cloudynights.com/page/articles/cat/cn-reports/telescope-reports/cn-report-dba-certified-10-dobsonian-r1327


Sometimes at backyard where is a little bit darker... ;-)


Sometimes at front yard if I feel lazy to drag the scope...
My mom enjoy observing Jupiter !



I also take some photos with my iPhone...



If weather permit, I also go to the monthly SJAA event. Those events are hosted in various semi-dark sites 1hr away from my house. I usually take off from home at 6pm and arrive at 7. Setup and wait for it gets dark and start observing at 9pm, pack at 12.





More about my 10" Dob...







Some old scopes (sold)
6" Dob ...


Small AT72 refractor ...


No comments:

Post a Comment